“Who wants to fall?”“No one does, why?” “You said fall party.” “Yes, fall as in autumn!” “Oh, autumn? Don’t mind me, I am just taking another sip from my flask.” “What’s in the flask?” “A fall party drink!” 🙂
I’ve actually heard similar conversations at some parties I’ve been to. But, hey, as long as people are having fun and enjoying life, who are we to judge, right? Power to ’em! But I know you really came here to get some killer drink recipes, so I’ll spare you the remainder of my rant. Without further adieu, I present five great alcoholic fall party drink ideas for family get togethers or that impending holiday party you’re already starting to plan in your head.
1. Tennessee Cherry Cocktail
- 6 fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 1/2 ounces cherry-infused whiskey or Tennessee whiskey
- 1 teaspoon cocoa or chocolate coffee syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a 10- to 12-ounce old fashioned glass, muddle cherries, whiskey, syrup, and vanilla with a fork. Add ice.
2. Cranberry Tree
- 1/2 cup chilled champagne
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- Fresh cranberries threaded on a skewer
In a champagne glass combine chilled champagne and cranberry juice. Garnish with the skewer filled with cranberries.
3. Autumn Punch
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 64 ounce bottle apple-cranberry juice
- 4 medium purple plums, pitted and sliced
- 1 750 milliliter bottle of a fruity white wine
- Ice cubes
(a) Place cloves and vanilla bean in center of a double-thick 6-inch square of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Bring corners of cloth together; tie closed with clean string. Pour apple-cranberry juice into a large container or pitcher. Add plums and spice bag. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
(b) Remove and discard cheesecloth bag. Stir in Gewurztraminer. Serve beverage and plum slices over ice. (Or omit the ice and heat the juice mixture and wine in a 4-quart Dutch oven until hot. Serve in heatproof mugs.) Makes 10 to 12 servings, better invite some friends!
4. Apple Cider Punch
- 6 cups apple cider
- 2 cups orange juice, cranberry-raspberry juice, or orange-mango juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 – 750 milliliter bottle sparkling white grape juice or sparkling wine
In large punch bowl or large pitcher; combine apple cider, orange juice, and lemon juice. Slowly add sparkling white grape juice or sparkling wine. Serve immediately. Makes 11-1/2 cups. Better call more friends!
5. Cranberry Ginger Vodka Iced Tea
- 4 cups water
- 4 bags red rooibos tea, white tea, or green tea
- 2 thin slices fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup sweet cranberry sauce or 1/2 cup canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 4 ounces of vodka
- ice cubes
(a) In medium saucepan bring water just to boiling. Remove from heat; add tea bags and ginger. Steep tea for 4 or 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place cranberry sauce in blender; cover and blend until almost smooth.
(b) Remove tea bags and ginger from water; discard bags and ginger. Stir in some ice cubes to cool the tea, then add to the blended cranberry mixture and blend until well combined. Then add the vodka and more ice cubes, and blend until desired consistency and temperature is achieved Serves four to six.